Creation of Temporary Spaces
Duration // Schedule
Conceptualization and ephemeral spaces design as a discipline that encompasses multiple languages. From the commercial spaces and venues and fairs to heritage and argumentative exhibitions.
Companies that invest their resources in presentations at fairs or at events increasingly require more creativity and efficiency in communication. Cultural centres that prepare exhibitions increasingly need the figure of a designer-organizer that manages both the content and the exhibition space.
Design and Communication professionals that carry out tasks oriented to fair architecture, stands design and exhibitions. Last-year students of the Degree in Design who want to acquire new knowledge on the subject.
Collaborating Entities Essapunt S.A., LAMP
The goals of the programme are:
- To go into detail about the ephemeral world: events, presentations, fairs, exhibitions, shows.
- To analyze in depth the narrative resources: script, scene, tempo, content.
- To know the technical means: light, audiovisuals, colour, graphic application, space metric.
Structure and Contents
- The conceptual and mental map as an ideas organizer and ideas generator.
- The professional assignment: how to face a briefing, how to ask decisive questions to our interlocutor, what does our client expect, what do the suppliers need.
- The professional practice: How do a fair and an exhibition work; regulations, schedule and planning. Project management. Competitions regulations.
- Design: implementation of a program, construction of an expository narrative, formalization of the contents, the attributes of a brand.
- The assembly: Coordination of the industrials and the suppliers. Work plan and planning.
Designer and teacher at ELISAVA. Masters at the UB, UPF and UPC. He designs stands and shops for fashion brands. He has designed exhibitions for the CCCB, the Museu d'Història de Catalunya, La Casa Encendida, Alhóndiga Bilbao, etc. He often uses the technique of mind mapping for representing in the space an exhibition script. Recently, he has finished the museum project of the Museu del Disseny in the Barcelona Design Hub building.
Designer. He has worked in the Lagranja studio and since 2006 he works at Estudi Bonjoch, where he combines the work of creative concepts in ephemeral spaces with the direction of installations.
MARIONA GARCIA SOLÉ (Contributor)
Diseñadora gráfica. She has designed the graphic space in numerous exhibitions; she is a teacher at ELISAVA, Eina and Bau. She is a specialist in exhibitions in the cultural field.
Lighting designer. Its formation comes from the world of entertainment, design and conception of the stage space through light.