Degree in Design
- Learn to IdentifyDegree in Design
- La Ricarda: Bar•De•LonaDegree in Design
- FabricDegree in Design
- HelouDegree in Design
- Papers PlatesDegree in Design
- CokukitDegree in Design
- Mediterrania Degree in Design
- ReferDegree in Design
- ChronosDegree in Design
- GlopDegree in Design
- 1984Degree in Design
- RunesDegree in Design
- Miralls d'AiguaDegree in Design
- SighDegree in Design
Duration // Schedule
New access places
Cut-off mark 2017-18
We want to train people to lead and define the future, through the continuous rethinking of the design limits. That is why ELISAVA trains designers able to solve problems, satisfy the needs between the individual and his/her settings, and use design as a tool for thinking, positioning and transformation for both the individual and society, the cultural structures and the physical environment.
Design leading school in Spain, ELISAVA always has understood this discipline as an instrument for transforming the world through creativity and innovation. Thanks to the more than 50-year experience supporting us, our school has created its own study curricula that combines the classic definition of design, based on the problem solving methodology and the needs' satisfaction, and the current aspects, which are a tool for reflection and a social transformation.
As a result, ELISAVA implements a generalist and integrating formative proposal, that gives a special relevance to the interprofessional character in design and its importance as an element of knowledge; the bettering of the artificial environment; and also as a tool for debate and artistic expression through critical and speculative design. A skillful profile for integrating social, economic and environmental values in the design process, with a solid project culture and the skills to communicate concepts.
Therefore, we train designers able to dialogue with other professionals from different disciplines and to face current and future challenges such as the resource shortages, pollution, and the ageing of the population, as well as the decision-making ability and the influence for generating new elements of communication, products, services and social milieus for bettering people's day-to-day.
Starting from the second year in the Bachelor's Degree in Design, the students have to choose the subjects for the major they want to major in:
Major in Graphic Design
Major in Product Design
Major in Space Design
Major in Interactive Experiences Design
Starting from the third year in the Degree, the student may dig into the chosen major or conform a more versatile profile when choosing subjects from other majors.
Among the competencies that students develop in the Bachelor's Degree in Design, we should highlight some of them such as:
- Developing a creative attitude for experimentation (drawing, building, testing, prototyping...) to draw any conclusions and explore any relevant and innovative contribution.
- Knowing to detect the users' needs and to interpret the historical, social, cultural, economic and technological context of a personal creative vision of design in order to configure new realities.
- Configuring a design project coherent with a personal attitude for expressing social, environmental, political, ethical and esthetical curiosities.
- Identifying your own potential and putting it to work in favor of bettering your shortages and learning to work autonomously and in a team, in an organized way and optimizing the available resources.
- Solving complex design projects while dialoguing with professionals from different backgrounds (engineers, architects, artists, anthropologists, sociologists, etc.) and managing your knowledge of other disciplines in a resolute way.
- Foreseeing the future's needs.
The students can develop their work in the following fields:
- Space design (interior design, stand design, mounting of exhibits, public space, scenography, ephemeral installations, window-dressing).
- Industrial design and product design (furniture, lighting, mobility, packaging, objects and accessories, as well as any kind of products, systems, services, experiences).
- Graphic design and visual communication (art direction, corporate image, editorial design, web design, poster art, information design, packaging, illustration, typography, wayfinding).
- Interaction design (web design, audiovisual design, media, user's experience, interaction design, digital interface design, product design, interactive environments, services and experience design).
- Learning and researching in design (critiques, research, theoretical development, pedagogical design).
- Management and project coordination (promotion).
- Multidisciplinary design team.